Its one of, if not THE single strongest Internet Marketing Business KILLERS that exists. Once you’re in it, unless you become mentally aware of it, and actively DECIDE to get out of it, a vicious cycle (I talk about the cycle in that hyperlinked post) ensues that tears the heart out of the aspiring entrepreneur and often times ends with all hopes and dreams of business success being crushed.
I don’t mean to be harsh, but unfortunately thats just the way it is, and it’s not like to me sugarcoat the truth.
In this post were going to talk about how to get OUT of the paralyzing claws of Information Overload ONCE you’re already IN IT. If you feel that you’re not yet experiencing Information Overload, but are more looking to avoid it at all costs, checkout this post.
So, now that we’ve come to the conclusion that you’re struggling with Information Overload, and you’re still here reading, lets talk about the action steps you need to take in order to get out of the box you’re in and start moving forward again.
- Stop (or pause) Learning, and START DOING. Now let me be clear that I believe in life long continual education. I don’t believe you ever get to a point where you “know everything” or don’t need to keep progressing. After-all, if you’re not moving forward, you’re moving backwards. So, now that I’ve made that point clear, you need to realize that your FIRST step in getting out of Information Overload is to temporarily STOP learning. The only reason you’ve gotten to the state of Information Overload is because you decided to take on too many things at once, thus exceeding your “Info Threshold” (the amount of info your mind can clearly hold onto at once). So firstly, actively decide to TEMPORARILY stop learning.
- Choose the skill that you feel most comfortable with (out of the various methods you’ve been learning), and START DOING. Realize this: if you’re waiting to perfect your skills through learning before you take action, it’ll NEVER HAPPEN. You can only learn a certain amount in this business through traditional learning, or being taught. You can learn the basics… but then you need to perfect your skills through active IMPLEMENTATION. So… choose the form of traffic generation that you’re most comfortable with, and start taking action on all the information you’ve taken in about that topic. Whether it be Solo Ads, Blogging, Youtube Video Marketing, Social Media, or PPC, DON’T WAIT until you feel as if you’ve learned “enough” in order to take action. Instead, take action, track your mistakes and success, refine the process based upon them, and then take action again. The most important thing is that you’re promoting a SOLID offer that converts well and will make you your money back WHILE building your e-mail list on the backend. Nowadays there’s COUNTLESS offers out there, but only a select few that convert really well. I recommend Elite Marketing Pro.
- After you’ve been implementing ONE, and only ONE strategy, AND have begun to get SOLID RESULTS with that technique, branch out and start learning ONE other traffic technique, and START IMPLEMENTING what you learn INSTANTANEOUSLY . DON’T think you need to learn a certain amount before you start implementing. Again, implement and focus on this ONE strategy, and ONLY this ONE traffic strategy UNTIL YOU’RE getting solid results with it.
- Learn from the mistake you made getting yourself into Information Overload in the first place, and make a point to never go back.
And… Thats it. The main thing to realize is that if you have the mentality that you have to master any skill before taking action on it, you’ll NEVER move forward. The big guys in this industry got where they are today because they took action and then figured things out as they went.
As an example: I had NO CLUE how to properly write a blog post when I made my first post on my original blog. BUT… through the action of writing blog posts 3-4 X a week, my skills naturally developed, and now when I sit down to write a post, I know exactly how to structure my posts for keywords, and everything flows naturally. And most importantly, I NEVER got to the point of Information Overload.
To Success, Yours and Mine.
Latest posts by Misha (see all)
- Maui Immersion Behind The Scenes (Part 2 of 3) - April 23, 2017
- The Maui Immersion Behind The Scenes (Part 1 of 3) - April 22, 2017
- The Killer Of Dreams… - April 14, 2017