<<<<<<<<<<<< Don’t Forget To Share The Love!
Let me begin by firstly noting that I believe WE SHOULD NEVER STOP LEARNING, and you should in no way shape or form take this articles contents as AN EXCUSE TO STOP LEARNING.
Ok… Now that I got that out there, let’s continue.
There’s one particular problem in the Internet Marketing and Network Marketing industries that stops more aspiring entrepreneurs DEAD IN THEIR TRACKS than any other. What is it?
Nowadays we live in an overstimulated, hyper-connected, “information is everywhere” world, where lack of training in ANY FIELD is simply a non-existent issue. What do you personally wanna learn? Kite Surfing? HTML Coding? How to get in shape? Or how about cooking? After-all everyone loves a good home cooked meal!
Rewind to 15 years ago, and you had a few options;
1. Find a coach…
2. Go to college and take a class…
3. Screw around with the activity until you got the hang of it.
(I’m sure there were many more creative ways to learn, but these are what came to me off the top of my head.)
So you were left with a decision; fork out the dough necessary to buy someones time where they’d teach you all the various ins and outs of whatever activity it was you were interested in… Or go through the time consuming process of trial and error until you were happy with your skills developed. Either way, learning a skill wasn’t free; You either paid with your time (excessively), or money (and some time).
Then on September 4, 1998, it all started to change. That day a small company by the name of “Google” would be founded. A little bit later, on February 14, 2005, it all changed again… when a revolutionary video sharing site called “Youtube” was launched.
Fast forward back to present day, and learning any skill you might be interested in is just a few clicks of the mouse away.
And while a small percentage of individuals have harnessed the power the platforms offer to grow and become more efficient, the majority of people have become less efficient, constantly complaining about “technology overwhelm” and “how complicated everything it all is”.
According to a survey conducted by “Research Buzz”, only 52% of people who seek out to learn something ending up taking action and doing whatever activity it is they are interested in… And in the Internet/Network Marketing world its even MORE DISMAL. According to a survey done by Frank Kern and John Reese, only 32% of people who buy an Information product on “How To Market Online”, or “How To Take Make Money Online”, follow through and do ANYTHING… and even a LOWER PERCENTAGE of 8% stick with it for more than 3 months once they start.
So why in this world of such abundant information do people have such a hard time mastering skills in which they have even BOUGHT “HOW TO” PRODUCTS (in the form of information products and training) that take them step by step through the processes involved?
Lets be clear… Information IS NOT power. TAKING ACTION UPON CORRECT INFORMATION IS POWER.
When it comes to information, often times MORE IS NOT BETTER.
You see, the human brain can only keep a certain amount of data stored and readily available to use (unless you have a photographic memory) at any given time. Once you reach you’re “Info Threshold”, you start forgetting, or becoming unclear on what you first learned… And this is when the trouble brews;
- You set out to learn a skill with the clear intention of implementing what you learn…
- You reach your “Info Threshold” BEFORE you feel that you’ve learned enough to be able to efficiently execute whatever activity it is that you’re learning…
- You begin to become unclear on the processes you first learned, leading to the onset of confusion….
- Because your now confused you feel LESS CONFIDENT about being able to execute whatever activity it is that you’re learning…
- Because you’re now less confident, you tell yourself that “you simply have to learn MORE” and it’ll all become clear…
- And the process repeats itself…
- And with each new cycle you become more and more confused… and more and more frustrated.
Now I donno about you, but that doesn’t sound to fun to me. Actually, it sounds EXACTLY like my first year in the Internet Marketing industry. 🙂
Yes, I have been there first hand… I feel your pain… I know your frustration… And I ALSO KNOW HOT TO BREAK THE CYCLE …again through first hand experience.
So, what should you do to overcome/avoid Information overload while building momentum in your Internet Marketing business?
If you’re a Newbie and don’t feel like you’ve hit Information overload yet: (We’ll cover this today, and then tomorrow we’ll talk about how you can escape information overload if you’re already there.)
- I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND purchasing a training course such as “DotComSectretsX” that delivers your training via a “drip feed” system. You’ll get access to a “bite sized” amount of content daily that is just enough to have you make progress with your Internet Marketing education, but also avoid Info-Overload.
- TAKE ACTION ON EVERY DAYS TRAINING BEFORE YOU GO TO THE NEXT DAY. I can’t stress how important this is. If the course tells you to setup your Autoresponder, set it up, even if you haven’t the slightest clue how it’ll work. If the course tells you to write an article, do it whether you believe you understand keywords to the extent necessary or not. Do it if you don’t understand anything about keywords. Don’t wait until you feel “comfortable” with your knowledge to take action upon it! There’s a reason why Nike’s entire brand is built around the phrase “Just Do It”, and theres dozens of teams in tons of different programs with names like “Team Take Massive Action”, “Team Just Do It”, “Team Action Takers”, ECT. Success ONLY follows AFTER action is taken.
- Realize that Internet Marketing is a REAL BUSINESS, and that CONSISTENCY IS CRUCIAL. It’s not going to be given to you, or come easy for that matter. The only way from Point A to B is through taking daily measured action, and being consistent. Checkout this previous blog post about the topic of consistency. Often times people turn to MORE INFORMATION to avoid good old fashion hard work. If you’re not going to put in the work, tap out now before you waste all your time and money.
- Realize that the people who are the most successful are the ones who know how to get up when they’ve been knocked down. I don’t know one six figure earner who hasn’t navigated through major obstacles and setbacks. And the more money your making, the larger the set backs tend to be. Don’t ask me why, cause I don’t have the answer… It’s just what I’ve witnessed first hand through personal experience and through watching other Marketers.
- And finally, now that you’re taking MASSIVE ACTION WITH EVERY NEW SKILL YOU LEARN, RIGHT AFTER LEARNING THEM, realize that there’s ALWAYS MORE TO LEARN. I don’t know one 7 Figure Earner who doesn’t have AT-LEAST the equivalent of a Masters degree in Marketing, IF NOT A P.H.D. The trick is to get in the habit of learning a “bite sized” piece of content, and then implementing what you learned before you proceed.
And Thats It!
Follow these rules to the tee and you’re sure to avoid the dreadful cycle of information overload. I truly wish someone would’ve given me this action plan when I was just getting started. Use it to your advantage.
To Be Continued – Tomorrow we’ll cover how to get OUT of Information Overload if you’re already in it.
To Success, Yours and Mine.
P.S. Part 2: Getting OUT of Information Overload is now done. Check it out HERE.
P.P.S. Please let me know what you think about my action plan for avoiding information overload. Are you suffering from Information Overload yourself? Will you implement what I taught above? Let me know with a comment!
Latest posts by Misha (see all)
- How Meghan Davenport Made $1,000 In A Day… - December 9, 2016
- The Time Has Come… (Let’s Have Some Fun…) - November 28, 2016
- Lessons Learned Building A Multi Million Dollar Business By The Age Of 25 (Ch. 3 of 3) - November 27, 2016